Welcome to CHICAGO SCOTS!
Established in 1845, our Scottish Society is the oldest 501(c)3 charity in Illinois. Today we are one of the world’s largest Scottish cultural organizations. Our mission is to nourish Scottish identity through service, fellowship and celebration of Scottish culture. We welcome everyone who is Scottish by birth, by heritage or simply by inclination. In addition to offering scholarships and organizing events and initiatives to educate, entertain and promote both traditional and contemporary Scottish culture, we are proud to offer a range of outstanding elder care services at our Scottish Home.
Through events, programs, and initiatives, such as:
- Scottish Festival and Highland Games, Robert Burns Supper, & Saint Andrew’s Day "Feast of the Haggis”
- Kilted Classic Golf Outing
- Scottish Business Forum
- Scottish Law Society
- Scottish Genealogy Group
- Scottish North American Leadership Conference
- Scottish American History Club
- Scholarship & Educational Programs
- The Scottish Home
Please take some time to get to know us! If you have any questions or comments we are happy to answer!
- "As Other See Us Exhibition" - May 2014 at the John David Mooney Foundation Gallery. Opening Event date to be determined.
- Scottish Family Fun Day - Saturday, May 31, 2014 at the Scottish Home
- 2014 Annual Scottish Festival & Highland Games - Friday, June 20 & Saturday, 21, 2014 at Hamilton Lakes in Itasca, IL
- International Scottish Diaspora Conference - 2014 DATE TBD in Edinburgh Scotland
- The Kilted Classic Golf Outing - Thursday, October 2, 2014 at Seven Bridges Golf Club, Woodridge, IL
A Special Thanks to Our Sponsors