Welcome to CHICAGO SCOTS!
Established in 1845, our Scottish Society is the oldest 501(c)3 charity in Illinois. Today we are one of the world’s largest Scottish cultural organizations. Our mission is to nourish Scottish identity through service, fellowship and celebration of Scottish culture. We welcome everyone who is Scottish by birth, by heritage or simply by inclination. In addition to offering scholarships and organizing events and initiatives to educate, entertain and promote both traditional and contemporary Scottish culture, we are proud to offer a range of outstanding elder care services at our Scottish Home.
Through events, programs, and initiatives, such as:
- Scottish Festival and Highland Games, Robert Burns Supper, & Saint Andrew’s Day "Feast of the Haggis”
- Kilted Classic Golf Outing
- Scottish Genealogy Group
- Scottish North American Leadership Conference
- Scottish American History Club
- Scholarship & Educational Programs
- The Scottish Home