R. Harper Brown Scholarship
The CHICAGO SCOTS are proud to sponsor this scholarship program which honors the legacy of R. Harper Brown, Society Governor, Clansman of the year and co-Chair of the Kith and Kin campaign, which raised $7 million to build the newest wing of the Scottish Home. Harper believed that our Society will remain relevant and compelling to future generations by offering support to the brightest among our Scottish community as they pursue academic excellence. The purpose of this Scholarship Fund is to assist in defraying the cost of an American student's study at a university in Scotland.
At least a graduating senior in high school with an acceptance and intention to attend university in Scotland or a student at an accredited American college or university looking for a study abroad experience.
- Scholastic achievement
- Potential for future activities that would make a contribution to the CHICAGO SCOTS, our Scottish Home and the Scottish American Community
- Preference will be given to applicants who reside within 100 miles of the greater Chicago area
- Preference will be given to members of the CHICAGO SCOTS, their children and grandchildren
- A complete Harper Brown application form should be returned as soon as possible in advance of your studies abroad (download application at bottom of this page)
Application will generally be reviewed and awards will generally be made once per year subject to the student's acceptance by the Scottish university of choice.
The Illinois Saint Andrew Society Scholarship
The successful candidate for the Illinois Saint Andrew Society Scholarship Program will be a graduating senior at an American High School with intent to study at an American college/university OR a current student at an American college/university who is looking to complete his/her studies at an American college/university.
- academic achievement and grades,
- areas of study,
- past and potential future contributions to the CHICAGO SCOTS, our Scottish Home and the Scottish community,
- letters of recommendation, financial need
- other qualifications as the Selection committee may choose.
Preference will be given to: candidates who are members or the children or grandchildren of a member of the CHICAGO SCOTS and candidates who reside within 100 miles of the greater Chicagoland area.
The candidates should present their completed application forms to the selection committee in advance of their study. Appropriate announcements will be made of the scholarship availability, application deadlines and the scholarship grantees chosen.
Complete scholarship application (download below)