You love Scotland, Scottish culture, folk music, classical music, food, poetry, socializing, history, sheep, or any combination of these things.
The Bach and Beethoven Ensemble (BBE) wants you to join this evening of Scottish music, food, poetry, and culture. Why? The BBE is preparing for an historic North American performance of The Gentle Shepherd, Scotland's first opera based entirely on Scottish folk and fiddle music, and we want you to be part of that.
What can you expect?
- Great food and drinks from Big Bricks!
- A toast to all "the laddies and lassies"
- The address and sharing of the haggis
- Poetry by Scotland's greatest poets
- Traditional ceilidh ("key-lee") dance
- A LIVE BBE PERFORMANCE
#6 is really what this event is all about - live music! The evening will feature some of Chicago's top musicians performing the folk and fiddle music of Scotland. Some of the music will come from the BBE's production of The Gentle Shepherd, which will be the first time the show will be produced this side of the Atlantic Ocean since 1798.
- Thomas Alaan (Voice)
- Brandi Berry (Violin)
- Tim Macdonald (Violin)
- Jeremy Ward (Bass Violin)
- $25 (General Admission)
- $20 (CHICAGO SCOTS Promo) (enter: chicagoscots at check-out)
- $20 (BBE Donor Promo)